Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: Vitamin E - More the better?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition

In <61rvu4$lqs$1@uhura1.phoenix.net> Bryan Shelton
<bryan@shell.c-com.net> writes:

>This is nothing against you OR Martin Banschbach OR Sheldon Saul Hendler;
>I just wonder why we can't have more consistency and agreement among
>you experts!  We among the unwashed masses don't know WHOM to believe
>anymore!   :-)
>
>Bryan

   You can buy a really good nutrition text like Goodhart and Shils.
Stuff they say is referenced by experimental papers in the
bibliography, and it doesn't get any better than that.  Beware any book
on nutrition which isn't fully referenced in that fashion.

   As to what you get here on the net, caveat emptor.  You just have to
read for awhile until you figure out who to trust.  You do that by
seeing who can back their opinions by references to the experimental
peer reviewed literature.  That's it.  Experiment is the last, only,
and ultimate authority.  It doesn't come any higher (sorry, religion).

                                      Steve Harris, M.D.

Index Home About Blog