Index Home About Blog
From: ((Steven B. Harris))
Subject: Re: AIDS-How I Cured Myself
Date: 12 Jul 1995
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

In <3u0u1n$pfk@redhotmomma.ssr.com> sdb@ssr.com (Scott Ballantyne)
writes:

>In article <3tu4fb$h5j@newsbf02.news.aol.com> georged496@aol.com
> (GeorgeD496) writes:
>> In article <3ttcfr$hfb@redhotmomma.ssr.com>, sdb@ssr.com (Scott
>> Ballantyne) writes:
>>
>> >If someone wanted to go to Gary Nulls clinic in NYC, is this the
>> >number he would call?
>>

>> That is his office number.  Gary Null does not have a clinic.  He does
>> consultations as a nutritionist, but these are free of charge and only for
>> those with terminal diseases.
>

>He only consults with you one on one if you are dying? Ouch - that's
>avoiding preventative care in a major way!
>
>In any case, I'm sure you're wrong about the Clinic. You should ask
>Null about it.

ROFL.  Doctor Null, the guy who only sees terminal people.  It sounds
like a bad comic book or a worse James Bond novel.

                       Steve Harris, M.D.
                       (Rejecting the Null hypothesis at p < .001)

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative
Subject: Re: Gary Null & Hunts Point Prostitutes
Date: 18 Mar 1999 13:18:52 GMT

In <36F09373.57EA@erols.com> "physical (Droll Troll)"
<physical@erols.com> writes:

>	Back to the Prostitutes, we meet dey pimps, who have no college
>whatsoever, with the taxing job of occasionally following cars, waiting
>for dey hoe to finish, an whuppin the shit out of her if she took too
>long, and grabbing the cash.  To think I wasted all those years in
>college!
>	And then I think of Gary on his radio show, hustling for interns, who
>for the privilege of Gary's presence and an eventual recommendation, get
>to do his bidding.  Pay?  What pay?  But at least he's not grabbin their
>money outta their purses.  Funny--Gary didn't go to college either!

   He's got a lot of matchbook-cover degrees, though.  He was better
when he just wrote healthbooks as a "restraunteur" and talk show host.
At least that was honest.

   Whenever I hear the word "detoxify" I want to reach for a gun.  Quis
detoxicet ipsos detoxificantes?

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.fitness,
	misc.health
Subject: Re: Gary Null's new book
Date: 9 Apr 1999 04:38:11 GMT

In <370D2CF7.E73AC917@thegrid.net> Gordon Held <gheld@thegrid.net>
writes:

>Fauzia Burke wrote:
>
>> Book Announcement
>>
>> Get Healthy Now!A Complete Guide to Prevention, Treatment and
>> Healthy Living by Gary Null(
>
>Who the hell is Gary Null?  What does he know about nutrition?  The
>first, last  and only time I heard of him was a PBS special that they
>ran incessantly during pledge month.
>
>What are his credentials, experience, etc.?
>
>Maybe I've been off this planet for a while, but it seems to me he sort
>of appeared like a comet out of nowhere; at least in this field.
>
>Gordon Held

  He's a New York restauranteur and radio talk show host (and is so
honestly described in a 1980 book on nutrition by him I happen to own).
Since then, however, he's gotten a couple of matchbook cover mailorder
degrees, and has started to think he knows more than all the scientists
in The Establishment.

From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.fitness,
	misc.health.alternative
Date: 26 Apr 1999 08:50:32 GMT

In <3723F88B.BA30C389@NOTfnol.net> Xtina <hazmat@NOTfnol.net> writes:

> >  In the course of doing research on antioxidants I've gotten lab mice
>>out to 48 months (4 years) and these results are published in the
>>Journal of Gerontology.  This is not a world record, but isn't bad (I
>>believe the record is 54 months for one lone mouse-- held by Jackson
>>labs).  Did I miss Null's paper?
>
>Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask this question BEFORE
>making your claim?

    It was rhetorical.  A medline search revealed no mouse studies by
Gary Null.  Burden of proof for this fantastic claim is on the
claimant.

Index Home About Blog