Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: Colon Cancer Advice
Date: 30 Oct 1996
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

In <32764106.11884506@news.mpc.com.br> jomar@mpc.com.br (Jorge Omar)
writes:

>sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris) wrote:
>

>>    Colon therapy school.  That must be a hard one to get into, all
>>right.  Imagine the kind of geniuses that will believe that they're
>>learning to prevent all disease by squirting water up people's butts.
>>The mind reels.
>
>Hollywood's Dr. Kellog? ((-:
>
>Jorge

Yep.  Or Dr. Metchnikoff, who actually won the Nobel for discovering
what white cells do, and who is the founder of the idea that something
in the bowel causes toxicity, disease, and aging in the average person.
To be Devil's Advocate for a moment, there have actually HISTORICALLY
been a few bright people who believed this, but that was a century ago
when biology was considerably less sophisticated.  These days, we
realize the enema people have some kind of Freudian development
problem, or perhaps a cleanliness fetish akin to the people who can't
stop washing their hands.  If the bowel produced all those toxins, I
think that the average rabbit, which is required to eat its own feces
to get enough B12, would be in real trouble.

A:  "Hey doc, are you sure these `Smart Pills' you gave me last week
aren't just rabbit pellets?"

B.  "See, you're getting smarter already."

                                          Steve Harris, M.D.

Index Home About Blog