Index Home About Blog
From: Steve Harris <sbharris@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med.cardiology,sci.med
Subject: Re: the biosphere
Date: 25 Apr 2005 12:35:27 -0700

Ahem. I wrote one of the first scientific studies to come out of
Biosphere II (which ran closed from 1991-3), and I was about 35 at the
time.

Biosphere II was about as successful an experiment as you can imagine
for a shakedown cruise. Of course they tried to do too much too early,
like trying to make the first NASA manned rocket launch go all the way
to Mars.  But they were in a hurry and I think they had some idea that
their private funding wouldn't last, and nobody else would have the
vision to pick it up, when it went. Certainly not the government. And
this proved to be the case.

SBH

Index Home About Blog