Index Home About Blog
From: "Howard McCollister" <nospam@nospam.net>
Newsgroups: sci.med,alt.support.crohns-colitis,alt.health,alt.support.ibs,
	sci.med.pharmacy
Subject: Re: anal fissure aggravated by little leg room on toilet
Date: 23 May 2003 21:32:35 -0500

"Kevin" <kmf97403@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3b93b4e8.0305231642.1b0c94df@posting.google.com...
> Yes, I actually would prefer an operation to solve it once and for all
> so that I don't have to change my diet, drink lots of water, take
> medicines or Metamucil, etc.

If you're not going to change any of the things that got you the fissure in
the first place, I certainly wouldn't waste your time and money having a
sphincterotomy for your fissure. It will certainly recur in short order.

> I'm a student, so I do a lot of sitting listening to lectures all day,
> and then sit at the computer typing email or school papers, etc., and
> I think all that sitting compacts the BM internally, making it think
> and dry.  I do exercise though - tennis, walking - but that doesn't
> help with the little leg room around the toilet.

A rather unusual take on the causative factors of constipation. Actually,
has nothing to do with it. Your problem is certainly dietary. Without a
change in diet and hydration, you are destined to have to deal with fissures
for many years to come, no matter how much leg room you can get in the
bathroom.

HMc

From: "Howard McCollister" <nospam@nospam.net>
Newsgroups: sci.med,alt.support.crohns-colitis,alt.health,alt.support.ibs,
	sci.med.pharmacy
Date: 24 May 2003 14:08:36 -0500

Look, it's really a very simple problem. You have an anal fissure. It was
caused by constipation. The constipation is caused by your diet and
hydration habits. Ergo: Your diet has caused your anal fissure.

We're getting all this absurdity about toilets, leg room, and sitting in
class blah blah blah. This stuff has nothing to do with it. It's the diet
and the constipation it causes. Period. You want other options. There ARE no
other options. Surgery won't help you, nitroglycerine won't help you, a
bathroom like the Taj Majal won't help you. You will have an anal fissure
until you grasp the concept of better hydration and dietary fiber. It's just
a fact you won't be able to get around.

Furthermore, if you did all those dietary things tomorrow, your fissure
STILL might not heal without surgery or topical muscle relaxants.

Good luck

HMc

Index Home About Blog