Index Home About Blog
From: jchang@whidbey.net (Julius Chang)
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: NY state gun laws?
Date: 17 Mar 1995 13:17:56 -0500

In article <3jvqer$13p@news.ycc.yale.edu>, olsen@gilbert.geology.yale.edu says...

#        I'll be moving to New York in a couple of months and have heard
#some frightening stories about their gun laws.  I will *not* be living
#in "The City" but will probably end up in Rockland County.
#
#        Someone told me that in order to own a handgun in one's home,
#one must apply for a permit just to own the gun.  Another permit is
#required just to transport the gun to the range.  And some localities
#have limits on how many handguns you may have.  CCW is virtually impossible
#according to the person with whom I spoke.

	Get the book "Gun Control in New York".  It will answer
	all of your questions regarding the firearms and weapons
	laws in NY.  Contact

		The Gunlock Press
		P.O. Box 776
		Guilderland, NY 12084
		518-477-2436

	The authors are Lt. Lee O. Thomas (NY State Police) and Jeffrey
	Chamberlain (former chief counsel to the NYSP).

	-Julius

Index Home About Blog