Index Home About Blog
From: "Clayton E. Cramer" <clayton_cramer@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Conversion kits -are- illegal (was Re: It is easy to understand
	why many people don't like guns)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:32:45 -0700

tudor wrote:

> Dan Z wrote in message <6qsd76$g2v@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>...
> >>So, you attend county fairs in northern Idaho?!
>

> >Bigotry.
>
> Ooh, poor abused gun nuts pushed to the margins of society and forced to
> meet each other furtively, under cover of darkness, scorned and mocked and
> detested. The yoke of oppression must weigh so heavily on your tortured
> souls. Har har har har har!

Tudor has never been to Northern Idaho, I guess.  He would be very surprised
by the place.  I was in Northern Idaho a few years back looking to relocate.
The local paper had an interview with the *former* No. 3 in command of the
Aryan Nations group.  He had accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and
Savior, and renounced racial hatred, bigotry, and the rest of the Aryan
Nations ideology.  He said in that interview that there were less than two
dozen members left in the group.

While in the area, I spent some time talking to a police officer in Pullman,
Washington, while he fingerprinted me for a Washington carry permit.  I asked
him about the Aryan Nations crowd.  He started out by telling me, "You know,
they aren't local."  I told him that I knew that there were originally
California
based, and he then told me something that surprised me then, but after
Mark Fuhrman made the headlines in the O.J. Simpson case later, didn't
surprise me.  "Most of their support comes from retired LA cops who have
moved up here."

From: "Clayton E. Cramer" <clayton_cramer@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns
	why many people don't like guns)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:08:45 -0700

tudor wrote:

> Clayton E. Cramer wrote in message <35E5EC9D.DFE1FF89@hotmail.com>...
>
> >Tudor has never been to Northern Idaho, I guess.  He would be very
> >surprised by the place.  I was in Northern Idaho a few years back
> >looking to relocate. The local paper had an interview with the *former*
> >No. 3 in command of the Aryan Nations group.  He had accepted Jesus
> >Christ as his Lord and Savior
>
> You have to accept Jesus as Lord to be part of one of these hate groups,
> don't you? Twisting the Bible is their specialty, just like the NRA's
> specialty is twisting the constitution.

You don't know much about the neo-Nazi groups in the U.S., obviously.
In the last 30 years there has been a rather dramatic cultural transformation;
most of the neo-Nazi groups are now openly neo-pagan, where before they
pretended to be various forms of Protestantism.  Read _The
Turner Diaries_ and you will see plenty of remarks that make it clear
that neo-Nazis view Christianity with the same contempt that Hitler
had for it.

Aryan Nations full name is something bizarre like "Church of Jesus Christ
(Aryan Nations)" but those that have come out of it can immediately
distinguish it from Christianity.  Christians don't have any problem
seeing the distinction, either.  "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is
neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are
all one in Christ Jesus." [Gal. 3:28]

Index Home About Blog