Index Home About Blog
Newsgroups: rec.pyrotechnics
From: John De Armond
Subject: Re: NEED Good Locker explosive(practical)
Date: Sun, 22 May 94 22:18:03 GMT

Big Guy (biggy@terrazzo.lm.com) wrote:

:    It's getting close to the end of the year and I want to get this
: kid back for something. So I was wandering if anyone knows of a good
: locker explosive that will detonate when the locker is pulled. Nothing
: fatal, just something funny; like some how spuing flour into his hair
: and face. Anything really just as long as no one can get hurt,at least
: not to bad (just a practical joke)

Back when I used to work for the government, one of the favorite sendoff
tricks used against those who were leaving to join the real world was
known as the water snake trick.  This trick is at least as humilliating
as any small explosive you could safely deploy.  It consists of a
length of latex surgical rubber tubing up to oh, 18" long with a knot
in one end.  The tube is inflated with water until it reaches several
inches in diameter.  It takes a lot of pressure to do this so a lab
faucet with a hose barb is very handy.  Once the tube is inflated,
it is placed in the victim's desk or locker or whatnot.  The end is
folded down on itself and then placed so that the door or drawer can
be closed on it, holding it in place.  Optionally, a razor blade can be
used to trim all protruding rubber.

When the victim opens his locker, this thing rears up like a mighty snake
and pisses a gallon or so of water all over him and at high pressure!
The victim is usually too stunned to move until the water snake has finished
its dump.  It is, of course, best to watch this event at a safe and descreet
distance.