Index Home About Blog
From: glhurst@onr.com (Gerald L. Hurst)
Newsgroups: alt.engr.explosives
Subject: Re: physicist looking for cookbooks
Date: 21 Feb 1996 05:54:41 GMT

In article <4ge00e$hm9@reader2.ix.netcom.com>, jade71@ix.netcom.com
(joseph panella ) says:

>just a couple days ago there was a physicist on rec.pyrotechnics he
>wanted someone to e-mail him the jolly roger or whatever because when
>he was a kid he and his friends made a certain type of bomb that got
>from the jolly roger on stolen amiga disks.i would like to know how to
>make the bomb he said he knew how to make .if he's still out there
>jade

You must be mistaken. Physicists do not know how to make bombs
excepting atomic bombs - and then they need a billion dollars in
taxpayers money.  If there were a physicist messing with bombs
in this group, we would send him over to sci.physics where he
belongs. Physicists should leave explosives to the chemists and
anarchists, who know what they are doing most of the time.

Physicists believe in the uncertainty principle and love Amigas
and therefore are not qualified to work with explosives and
pyrotechnics. High energy chemicals require you to be very certain
what you are doing and should only be made by scientists who
use IBM or possibly Apple computers or clones.

Actually, come to think of it, the Jolly Roger was probably
written by a newbie physicist who had never seen a chemical.
I can assure you it was not written by an experienced chemist
or pyrotechnician.

Jerry (Ico)

Index Home About Blog