Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
Subject: Re: I cut my own hair! - Saved money...
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:33:13 -0400

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:44:13 -0700, "Bill" <bill190nospam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Ryan" wrote in message
>>
>> If you can't afford $10 for a cheap haircut and are not embarassed to
>> have to ask friends to come over next time to "help cut the back" I
>> guess you have bigger issues to deal with than saving money.
>>

>1. Where do you think I got the idea of cutting my own hair? It was from my
>friends who also cut their and their kids own hair. So no problem
>whatsoever asking my friends for help. It is welcome to the club! Also I
>live in a small town, everyone around here helps everyone else. I help them
>with stuff, they help me.
>
>2. Pennies make dollars. I can well afford to pay for a haircut. But if I
>can do something myself and save money, I will. I thought I posted this to
>misc.consumers.frugal-living?

You did but every group attracts its share of dickheads.

Have you looked at a Flowbee system?

http://www.flowbee.com/

I have a friend who wears his hair similar to the guy in the photo
who's been using a Flowbee for as long as I'm known him (decades).
Does a fine job.  If I didn't like the sweet thang so well who gives
me my $7 haircut and massage, I'd be using one too.