Index Home About Blog
From: John De Armond
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Tailgating - was One for Bill Horne
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:16:36 -0500

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:17:40 -0500, bill horne <redydog@rye.net> wrote:

>Will Sill wrote:
>>
>> But I think the most amusing aspect of the debate is the daffy idea
>> that there is a _solution_ to tailgating.
>>
>> Will
>
>It may be daffy, but I have a solution, and it works for me. The rest of
>you are free to do all the handwringing, picturetaking, rectumclinching,
>and bellyupping you want.

My solution to tailgating in my old Datsun Z, where if you were tailgating,
you were going WAY too fast for conditions, was a nifty little system that
consists of a small carburetor jet mounted under the rear bumper, a windshield
washer tank and pump in the back, some plastic tubing and a pushbutton on the
console.

The tank is filled with a mix of mineral spirits and used motor oil.  The
mineral spirits is the vehicle for the used motor oil which creates a
fantastic effect on the tailgator's windshield.  When a tailgator approaches,
simply hold the switch until the desired effect is achieved.  With the right
sized jet, the anti-tailgatorant is dispensed very slowly, leaving no visible
mist and no odor.  The tailgator simply notices his window getting more and
more opaque.

This system is especially effective against the smart-assed young cops around
here who like to sit right on your rear bumper just waiting for a minor bobble
so they can pull you over.  Anyone who doesn't know about the system
attributes the mist to a bad oil leak :-)