Index Home About Blog
When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or a half
loop?

(Answer:
	"I once saw a slo-mo film of a fly doing this.  As far as I can
	recall, the fly first does a "zoom" towards the wall, so that its
	body is inclined upwards maybe 45 degrees instead of being level.
	Next, it reaches forward and up with its front legs ahead of the
	flapping wings.  Together with the body angle, the fly can point its
	front legs almost straight up.  As soon as one or both of them snag
	the ceiling, it stops flapping and pulls its behind under itself so
	it can latch on with the rear legs."
			-- Mark Drela)

Index Home About Blog