Index Home About Blog
From: floyd@ptialaska.net (Floyd Davidson)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: Re: How to improve your phone line?
Date: 19 Sep 1999 23:45:23 GMT

Jack <jcjc@az.rmci.net> wrote:
>I agree with Dino7, call USWest and call them every name in the
>book until you get the service YOU deserve....
>
>Jack

Well, I'd say that should be good for lots of laughs and
giggles!  To begin with, John Navas is correct, and USWest is in
no way obligated to provide POTS customers with v.90
connections, or for that matter even 28.8K connections.

But it gets even funnier, because within the telephone industry
USWest is known as USWorst, and if you think calling them names
will get you better service, I'd just like to see it.  They are
the most recalcitrant, by the book, don't give a damned folks
you can imagine!  I mean your calling them names is _nothing_
compared to some of the pressure that I've seen BIG telephone
companies try to put on USWorst to get them to do something, and
it didn't work.  Not even close.

You don't have a chance using threats or calling names.

  Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson                          floyd@barrow.com
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)