Index Home About Blog
From: sbharris@ix.netcom.com(Steven B. Harris)
Subject: Re: Multiple Supplements: More additive effects
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997
Newsgroups: sci.life-extension,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nutrition

>Mark Thorson wrote:

>> People who wouldn't even consider taking a screwdriver and
>> adjusting the carburator of their car should be screwing
>> around with their immune system?

That gave me a smile, but the truth is, you can hardly avoid it.  It
happens when you eat this vs that, when you run and don't walk, when
you stay in bed too long or not long enough, when you prevaricate and
procrastinate and otherwise put yourself under stress; when you take a
really long hot bath, when you kiss this girl and not that one, and so
on and so on and so on.  Vitamins and rain and sunshine and pollen all
have their input.  And pesticides and industrial wastes and the sound
of music.

You want to stick that screw driver in at random and let the world do
the same?  Or do you want to have at least little bit of method to what
happens?  You didn't come from the factory with a sealed and perfectly
adjusted unit, you know, and a little sign saying that tampering by
owner nulls warrantee.  I hate to burst your bubble, but there ain't no
warrantee.  The unit isn't sealed.  Tampering by owner and everybody
else is expected, unavoidable, and probably necessary for the best
health.

                                      Steve Harris, M.D.

Index Home About Blog