Index Home About Blog
From: "Steve Harris" <SBHarris123@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med
Subject: Re: female orgasm: what's the point?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:22:54 -0700

"Carey Gregory" <antispam8@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:ql1c6uccmem8lnsd5nrvciko2ap1rap3gq@4ax.com...
> "Steve Harris" <sbharris@ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com> wrote:
>

> >From the viewpoint of evolution, just one more example of the Cooledge
> >Effect.
>
> Okay, I'll bite.  What the heck is the Cooledge Effect?

Answer:

Put a bull in with a new heifer in season and you get action. Put in another
heifer and you get more action. You can keep doing this essentially for
heifer and heifer, except they always have to be fresh heifers. Put a
previously serviced one in, and nothing happens. The bull knows, and he
can't or won't perform. Works the same way in rats and many other mammals :)

This is known to behaviorists and sociologists as "the Coolidge Effect"
(sorry for the misspelling) from the old joke in which President Calvin
Coolidge and his party, and the first lady and her party, are being given
separate tours of a chicken farm. At one point the first lady asks if the
rooster is able to have "relations" more than once a day, and is told that
he is able to have them dozens of times in a day. The first lady says "Would
you mention that to Mr. Coolidge?" Later it's the president's turn at the
same tour stop. "Your wife wanted me to mention to you that the rooster is
able to have relations dozens of times in a day." "Oh? Same hen?" "Oh, no,
that wouldn't work. Different hen each time." "Ah. Mention that to Mrs.
Coolidge."

This is what was once colloquially known as "barnyard humor."

 SBH

From: "Steve Harris" <SBHarris123@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: sci.med
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:32:24 -0700

By the way, I nominate this thread title for the silver medal on best troll
topics. Gold is still held by the guy who wants to know why there are
baby-changing stations in men's restrooms, where women never go.

SBH

Index Home About Blog