Index Home About Blog
From: Rock McMillan <mcbros@indirect.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: a few questions
Date: 1 Dec 1995 17:48:44 -0500

#4.  How good is NP3 and Roguard, what do they cost?  What's the >
#    typical waiting period?

We have been using Roguard as our standard finish on all of our
rifles for the past 2 years.  My opinion *** IT IS THE BEST GUN
FINISH AVIALABLE TODAY ***.  We usually use NP3 only on the bolt
assembly, it makes a great looking combination and really adds to the
corrosion resistance. The price is high but you get what you
pay for.  Robbie is working on getting the turn around time down to 3
or 4 weeks, hope he does because we sometimes wait 6 or 7 weeks now.

The Robar Company
21438 N 7th Ave, Ste B
Phoenix, AZ  85027
602-581-2648

From: Rock McMillan <mcbros@indirect.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: Springfield Custom & NP3 Comments
Date: 1 Dec 1995 17:48:53 -0500

#NP3 might be a bit tougher than chrome, but I have never experienced
#any wear problems with chrome either.  To be honest, while NP3
#offers high lubricity, it still wears down on articulating surfaces
#to the point where most of it's "slickness" is lost.

Not so.  NP3 is electroless nickel with PTFE molecules uniformly
distributed through out its entire thickness.  As the surface wears
(which is very little) more PTFE molecules are exposed maintaining
the self lubrication properties.

From: Gale McMillan <gale@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: 1911A1 finishes, which one?
Date: 27 Oct 1996 16:30:14 -0500

Jobhntr wrote:

# There seem to be a variety of finishes available on the 1911A1 models.
# Blued, parkerized, and stainless?  Is one better than the other?  How
# about durability and longevity?  Any affect of tolerances, smoothness?
#
# Thanks for your opinions, I do appreciate them!

The combination of Roguard and np3 is the finest finish you can put on a
hand gun without a doubt!  Especially on a concealed carry gun.  I carry
an officers modle that Robar refinished for me two years ago.  Living in
Phoenix that means that 6 months out of the year it is bathed in sweat.
I challenge anyone to tell that it wasn't refinished yesterday. The np3
on the frame gives the lubricity and corrosion resistance and the
Roguard slide is a resistant and pleasing finishing touch.

Gale McMillan

From: Gale McMillan <" gale"@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: Robar RS90 info???
Date: 15 Sep 1997 07:22:23 -0400

RobinsGuns wrote:

# #I was wondering if any one out there owns a Robar RS90 in .300 Winchester
# #Mag.
# #If so I would like to know how you like it and if it is accuarate as they
# #say.
#
# If you wouldn't mind sharing any info you get, I would be interested too.
# Robar buys barrelled actions from us, but I have no knowledge about their
# finished products.
#
# We have FREE email newsletter, "Guns & stuff",
# approximately weekly, would you like to be subscribed?

Robbie took his apprenticeship from me and was taught to use the best
parts and do every thing in his power to try not to make a mistake that
would keep the gun from shooting.  I know that when I was through with
him he knew how to build a rifle that would shoot.  That being said we
all have employees and we all have to spend more time on the phone and
doing paperwork than we would like and all any of us can hope for is to
catch any mistakes before they get out the door.  I am sure he has a
satisfaction guarantee.

Index Home About Blog