Index Home About Blog
From: Gale McMillan <gale@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: Is reloading worth it?
Date: 4 Apr 1999 15:04:45 -0400

"." wrote:

Is reloading worth it? You Bet!!! If I had to shoot ammo that is available to
the public I would have to find another business and another hobby.  I will
admit that there is a couple of factory rounds that shoot well enough to be
considered accurate enough to use but anyone who is interested in accuracy and
accurate rifles would be wasting his time if he didn't reload.Is it cheaper? I
doubt it, if your time is worth anything. Powder and bullets are getting higher
all the time .When I started reloading you could buy 50 lbs of 4831 and 10,000
large rifle primers for 20 dollars so its tough to pay 15 dollars a pound but
in the long run it is still worth it.The main advantage is being able to make
ammo that satisfies your accuracy requirements, I would say that if your sole
requirement was ammo to shoot through a SKS at tin cans then maybe you would be
better off buying surplus ammo but if you are the type that likes to get the
most out of you hunting rifle then it is a must.

Index Home About Blog