Index Home About Blog
From: "Clayton E. Cramer" <clayton_cramer@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: "Saving Private Ryan" a must-see for gun nuts
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:49:34 -0700

The Polymath (Jerry Hollombe) wrote:

> In article <35BF740E.2F1E@war.com>, not@war.com says...
>
> > ... I won't go see Speilberg's movie and give him $7 because
> > that is how Liberals get funding (aside from taxes).
> [ ... ]
> > Liberals then give the money to HCI, Clinton/Gore, DNC, Feinstein, etc.
> > This is how conservatives pay for their own destruction.
>
> If I may interject a fact:  This month's issue of "Gun Games" magazine
> has Steven Spielberg on its front cover.  He's an avid fan of sporting
> clays, according to the article.  That doesn't seem to fit with your
> stereotyping of him.
> --
> The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe, MA, CCP, CFI, aka:

Can someone tell me why his films often have antigun propaganda
in them?  Like _Jurassic Park_, where he actually changed significant
details of the book to make a "guns are useless" subplot?

Dan Gifford, the producer _Waco: The Rules of Engagement_, told
me at the American Society of Criminology conference last year
that he had spoken with some of the people involved in the screenplay
for _Schindler's List_.  They removed a significant and interesting
subplot of the book, in which Schindler obtained small arms for
"his" Jews to use as self-defense, both because they knew of
Spielberg's feelings about gun control, and because of concern
that it might injure gun control groups at the following election.

Remember, many gun controllers (like Sylvester Stallone) own
guns -- they just don't want the serfs to own them.

Index Home About Blog