Index Home About Blog
From: Gale McMillan <gale@mcmfamily.com>
Newsgroups: rec.guns
Subject: Re: Homemade 50BMG
Date: 23 Aug 1998 22:14:26 -0400

doug@stone-soup.com wrote:

I have a friend in Amon Jordan who is a real gun bug and when he saw the
rifles that I took to Jordan to demo to the Jordanian Military he
decided that he must have one, Since there is no barrels available in
that country he would have to make one . The novel approach startled me
even though I was familiar with the gun makers of Pakistan who could
make a revolver with only a drill press I could not believe it would be
posable to make a 50 cal. Rifle completely by hand. The steel blank  was
drilled by hand and reamed the same way. The button was also hand made
and pulled through the barrel using a mechanical lead screw which was
cranked with a wrench that pulled the button threw the barrel using
transmission oil as lubricant, I have seen worst barrels made in this
country by men with a whole shop full of equiptment. The action was a
bolt action made on the shell holder type  what again you couldn't tell
that it was hand made.The moral of this story is that it is posable to
do anything you set your mind to if you have the determination to try
and the patience to stick with it.
Gale McMillan

Index Home About Blog